There was even some sewing done. I sewed some PJ Pants for Isla and a friend and I really wanted to get the binding finished on the dresden plate quilt. It seems to take so long to slip stitch so I spent a while searching blogs and tutorials on attaching binding by machine. I decided to go with Rita's guide on Red Pepper Quilts. I found it challenging but I guess with practise it gets easier. It's a little untidy but it is on and in not much time. I would like to practise some more anyway.
This is one of the better looking sections of binding
And the finished product
I have also started work on my office/sewing room. Although most of the time I find it easier to spread out on the dining table or kitchen table. It is coming together slowly with a couple more shelves etc. from Ikea.
Looks like I need to deal with the messy cords below the desk. Basically all the sewing gear is behind the bi-fold doors and I will reveal that when it has been organised (you can't expect too much in one year).
All these rainy days were a help to get some inside jobs done. While QLD was suffering with the floods we were benefiting from some much needed rain.