Monday 23 April 2012

Back to School

Well it was back to school for my three yesterday and even though I love the holidays I must admit the peace and quiet was very nice.  After the rain 'Horse Sports' has been cancelled today so I got a reprieve there only to find out that number one has a football game at school.  They are playing Calrossy School from Tamworth.  So that will be the afternoon for me. 

I can't say I really accomplished a lot over the holidays although we managed to paint probably half of our fencing.  We have done along the roadside and the two gateways until we ran out of 'Kentucky Horse Black'. Unfortunately we can't get this in town so I will have to make a trip to Singleton at least.  Hubby went and bought 5 paint brushes as he anticipated the little people would help.  I think we worked with about 2.5 manpower.  Number 1 gave up a little earlier than we expected.  Number two was never too interested (no surprise there) and number three worked like a trooper, but then again she is only 8.

During the holidays my best friend and I had a day out and made the trip to Ikea (yep we drove 3 hours to Sydney just to go to Ikea) and it was well worth it.  We had a great day out and came home with a ute full of goodies (we were lucky to get through the checkout with our three trolleys packed with long boxes and all sorts of bits and pieces.  We are actually hoping (or planning) to go again in the next couple of months (shh, don't tell the husbands yet).

Well I didn't achieve much in the way of sewing over the holidays (only one curtain) but hopefully I will get back into it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment