Monday 12 March 2012

Girls Weekend Away

Each year a group of us have an annual weekend away with our sewing machines.  Usually we head off to Nundle where we have a sewing retreat with Kery Swain at her shop.  Unfortunately some of us couldn't make it this year so we decided to wait until next year again.  Circumstances changed for some and we made the trip to Craigmohr Mountainview Retreat for the weekend.  It was fabulous.  We sewed and we sewed and we sewed.  In between sewing we relaxed with a few drinks and some DVDs.  We were sewing by luchtime Friday and we were still sewing on Sunday afternoon.  There is no mobile reception which is lovely but a couple of husbands did manage to get through on Gai's landline.  Gai did an exeptional job and fed us all weekend (she is a fabulous cook).  Everyone had a relaxing weekend (no interruptions from the little people) accomplished some nice work.  I myself took the easy way out and used charm squares and a jelly roll.  I also finished the quilt I started last year with Kerry.  It should have a 'piano keys'' border bit I have run out of fabric and I do quite like it the way it is.  It is for Jack's bed and as he was 15 yesterday I think I had better get it quilted soon!  Here are some pics.....









No comments:

Post a Comment